Album: Transportation

photo_du_jour.jpgTitre : Forge Hugron
Description : Photo taken about 1920. First blacksmith shop bought by Mr. Hugron in 1871. Elsewhere Bar site today
Source : Historic Societe of Coaticook
Mots-clés : Coaticook
marche_public.jpgTitre : Central Market
Description : Procurement in 1882 opened two days a week and accommodating five butchers. It was called Central Market. It was located on the Parc Chartier.
Source : Historic Society of Coaticook
Mots-clés : Coaticook
cles_commerces_de_coaticook_verso0006.jpgTitre : Forge Hugron
Description : Back of the postcard of the forge Hugron.
Source : Historic Societe of Coaticook
Mots-clés : Coaticook
dles_commerces_de_coaticookverso0008.jpgTitre : Postcard of Central Market
Description : Back of the postcard Central Market. Published by Rumsey & Co. Ltd.., Toronto
Source : Historic Societe of Coaticook
Mots-clés : Coaticook

Coaticook Historical Society

34 Main Stree East
Coaticook, Québec
(819) 849-1023

Opening Hours
Please call in advance of your visit to verify open hours.

Closed : Monday • Saturday • Sunday and public holidays
Entrance Fees : Free


Over 23,000 pictures from our weekly newspaper Le Progrès.
Copies of The Coaticook Observer 1928-1938 complete plus others of different dates.
Copies of the newspaper L'Etoile de l'Est from 1928 to 1938 (complete) and others bearing differents dates.
Copies of our weekly newspaper Le Progrès de Coaticook from 1971 to 2003.

Approximate number of objects in the collections: 23000

Research Services

We can find persons having stayed in our region or find the origin of certain houses or buildings.

Archival Records • Conservation or Restoration • Information Centre • Library
Other: Pictures researches by themes or newspaper clips related.
genealogy information

Thanks to our partners for their financial support