Album: Bridges and gateways

The bridges were all once covered as a precaution against bad weather.
ancien_pont_stpaul.jpgTitre : Bridge on St Paul street
Description : Old Bridge Street St. Paul now replaced. Nicknamed the concrete bridge
Source : Coaticook Historical Society
Mots-clés : Coaticook, bridge
les_ponts_de_coaticook_main_o..jpgTitre : Bridge crossing over the Main street
Description : The bridge crossing over the Main Street West crosses the Canadian National train. This building dates back to 1939.
Date : 1939
Source : Coaticook Hisorical Society
Mots-clés : Ponts, Transports, Routes
cles_ponts_de_coaticook0007m.jpgTitre : Bridge of St-Paul street
Description : Carts post showing the bridge of the St. Paul Street and the town of Coaticook. Shooting the path of the railway C.N.R
Mots-clés : bridge, Coaticook
ales_ponts_de_coaticook0003m1.jpgTitre : Bridge on St- Paul street
Description : Postcard showing the bridge of St Paul and the dam on the Coaticook River.
Source : Coaticook Historical Society
Mots-clés : Coaticook, bridge
dles_ponts_de_coaticook0009m.jpgTitre : The bridge on St-Paul street
Description : Postcard from the 1900s View from the Bridge on St-Jean-Baptiste Wooden bridge built in 1881 and destroyed in 1922 and replaced by an iron bridge.
Source : Coaticook Historical Society
Mots-clés : bridge, Coaticook
eles_ponts_de_coaticook0011m.jpgTitre : The suspended bridge above the Coaticook River
Description : The pedestrian bridge suspended above the Coaticook River. Opened in May 1989 The longest pedestrian bridge in the world.
Source : Coaticook Historical Society
Mots-clés : bridge, Coaticook

Coaticook Historical Society

34 Main Stree East
Coaticook, Québec
(819) 849-1023

Opening Hours
Please call in advance of your visit to verify open hours.

Closed : Monday • Saturday • Sunday and public holidays
Entrance Fees : Free


Over 23,000 pictures from our weekly newspaper Le Progrès.
Copies of The Coaticook Observer 1928-1938 complete plus others of different dates.
Copies of the newspaper L'Etoile de l'Est from 1928 to 1938 (complete) and others bearing differents dates.
Copies of our weekly newspaper Le Progrès de Coaticook from 1971 to 2003.

Approximate number of objects in the collections: 23000

Research Services

We can find persons having stayed in our region or find the origin of certain houses or buildings.

Archival Records • Conservation or Restoration • Information Centre • Library
Other: Pictures researches by themes or newspaper clips related.
genealogy information

Thanks to our partners for their financial support